Although Central Florida is known for being one of the top family vacation spots, it’s a favorite honeymoon destination, too. Where else in the world can you spend the day with Mickey Mouse, meet real NASA astronauts, and then have a romantic dinner with your sweetheart by the ocean? But, with all that Central Florida has to offer, it often means big crowds. So, if you and your loved one are in the area for your honeymoon or just on a much-needed vacation, break away from the long lines at the theme parks and check out these five activities around Central Florida!
1. Sit back, relax and drink up at one of Orlando’s breweries – You’ll definitely feel like a Central Florida local after visiting one of these hometown breweries. Sure, drinking around the world at Epcot with your honey sounds like a good time, but you won’t wait in a long line when you stop by one of these Orlando's breweries. Take a brewery tour at Orlando Brewing or get the chance to be a guest brewer at Ocean Sun Brewing – you can even bring your pup to some of these hidden gems! Here's some other Florida breweries you might want to check out!
2. Explore the outdoors on the water – One of the best parts about Florida is year-round (well, minus our few rainy weeks) sunshine, which makes spending time outside even more enjoyable! Something about beautiful weather and being surrounded by nature is simply romantic. These are just a few outdoor activities for newlyweds near Ramada Gateway.
- Shingle Creek Regional Park – Shingle Creek is at the headwaters of the Florida Everglades. Shingle Creek begins in Orlando and meanders 23 miles before flowing into Lake Tohopekaliga (or just Lake Toho) in Osceola County. The Paddling Center at Shingle Creek offers tons of amenities for you and your partner to explore together. They even have two-seater kayaks so you don’t have to split up! But if water isn’t your thing, you can experience Shingle Creek by foot or bicycle, too! In addition to these activities, you can birdwatch, fish and have a picnic at Shingle Creek.
- Ride the swan boats at Lake Eola – Lake Eola Park is located in the center of Downtown Orlando, and the views alone are beyond memorable. The swan-shaped paddle boats make for adorable pictures and let you and your loved one drift away from the noise and crowds around the city.
If outdoor adventures are really your style don’t forget to check out mini-golf, an outdoor obstacle course center or hop on a Segway tour!
3. Experience alligators up close in their natural habitat – Most people know you can find two things in Kissimmee: Disney and alligators! Well, what better way to meet the unofficial Florida mascot than on its own turf, the Florida Everglades. One of the best ways to see these big guys is on an airboat. Airboats can take you through marshes and wetlands that a motorboat would have trouble in. There are a few places to spot alligators in the Kissimmee area and each attraction offers something different.
4. Catch an Orlando pro sports game – Central Florida may not have a NFL team, but they make up for it with the pro sports teams that do call Orlando home. If you and your loved one are soccer fans, you can catch a soccer game at the new Orlando City stadium. Or you can take your partner in crime out to the ball game to catch the Atlanta Braves at the Champion Stadium during spring training. You can keep out of the Florida sun and avoid the lines in the middle of March at an Orlando Magic game or Orlando Solar Bears game at the Amway Center.
5. Get a unique view of the city at the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye – We saved this one for last because this is the ultimate way to escape the long lines and big crowds! The Orlando Eye is a 400-foot tall giant ferris wheel which allows you to see Orlando from a 360-degree view. You and your darling can enjoy a view from a private capsule and even get the VIP treatment with champagne!
So, if you and your sweetie are looking to avoid the theme parks – some days, anyway – and return home from vacation with adventurous stories, check out these five activities for newlyweds near Ramada Gateway!